If you’ve never tried Starbound before, you don’t know what you’re missing. It’s sort of like Minecraft, sort of like Terraria, and still something unique and different. The Starbound Blastoff resource pack brings many visuals from this science fiction style game into the world of Minecraft, and surprisingly the transition doesn’t make them look half bad. Naturally things are going to be a little different when you take imagery from a 2D side-scrolling title and plaster it into a 3D voxel-based environment, but the creators of this pack, Assasin794 and ApexMCGaming, did a great job with this neat resource pack.
While you won’t be traveling between planets like you would if you were playing Starbound, using the Starbound Blastoff resource pack with certain world-hopping Minecraft mods can give you something that is very much like a 3D version of Starbound. Fortunately, the resolution of this pack is 16x, so it won’t slow your game down at all if you do use it. This also means the textures are somewhat simple, even if many of them do look completely different. This is kind of a good thing because while it does make the game look different, you can still easily tell you’re playing Minecraft while using this pack.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to use the Starbound Blastoff resource pack with the latest version of Minecraft. Future updates may change this, but as things are right now, the pack only works with Minecraft clients 1.9 and 1.10. These are both newer, but still not the newest version of the game, which has gone up to 1.11 at the time this review was written. Also, the pack is technically not yet completed, though the majority of textures have been changed already. Who knows? It may work with Minecraft 1.11 by the time it is finished.
Starbound Blastoff Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.11
- Added: Cast Fishing Rod, Fishing Rod, Gold Ore, Sandstone, Wheat Stages 1 – 7, Mossy Cobblestone, Coal Ore, Wooden Door, Iron Door, Glass, Book
- Added: Carrot, Golden Carrot, Raw Fish, Cooked Fish, Wheat, Bread, Coal, Charcoal, Black Dye, Gray Dye, Egg, Cake, Cocoa Beans, Potato, Baked Potato, Wheat Seeds, Sugar Cane (item), Iron Pickaxe, Golden Pickaxe, Diamond Pickaxe
- Changed: String, Iron Ore, Stone, Diamond Ore
Installation Guide for Starbound Blastoff Resource Pack
This tutorial will show you how easy it is to download and install Starbound Blastoff Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.11/1.10.2/1.9.4. For resource packs that are higher resolution of 64×64 pixels, you will have to download and install Optifine HD Mod or MCPatcher HD Fix to render successful all HD textures. Also, this guide will work on all versions of Minecraft.
- Setup 1: Download the texture pack/resource pack from below link/s.
- Setup 2: Open Minecraft and go to Options -> Resource Packs -> “Open resource pack folder”.
- Setup 3: A window will open with the folder “resourcepacks” from .minecraft directory.
- Setup 4: Move the zip file that you just downloaded in resourcepacks folder.
- Setup 5: Now you should see the pack in “Available Resource Packs” list.
If the pack not on the list after you have copied, possible the zip file of the resource pack to be in the wrong format. If you have problems with installation does not hesitate to leave a comment below, we help you or our visitors will help you too.
Download Starbound Blastoff Resource Pack
The download links below are provided by the developer (Reficul_) of the Starbound Blastoff Resource Pack. We make sure there's no any viruses or malware in the links we provide below. If the links below do not work or require an update to the last version, write in comments and will fix soon. Also, do not forget to visit the official page for more information or various announcements made by the developer [PlanetMinecraft].